Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
1. I admit it. I’m a dork. I like Harry Potter and playing video games and having bum days where I do nothing all day ‘cept play video games and do nothing haha.
2. I love sweatpants, baggy pants and hoodies. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of baggy pants which makes me sad. :(
3. Both me and my brother have hazelnut eyes and very heavy eyelids. The ideal Chinese person has really pale skin which is what I have! So for those people who are convinced that I am part white, I am not. -_- Full-blown Chinko right here! ~ A majority of my family is from Guangzho, the city by the ocean. Geographically, because of the ocean, our eyes bigger and lighter. In our hometown, we don’t have to squint like the people in other Chinese cities because it is not a desert area! So not ALL Chinese people have chinky eyes. :) Next time you see a Chinese person with huge eyes, ask them if they’re from Guangzho. ^.^ (Or some other village near the ocean.)
4. I recently discovered that my Cantonese side has a branch of Hagawa … My parents thought informing me of my own heritage was not important so I did not discover this earlier. -_________- I am now trying to learn Hagawa from my grandpa, who apparently speaks it better than Cantonese. (And wth!? This whole time I was speaking to him in Cantonese!?)
5. My favorite color is green! :) I have a lot of things that are green.
6. I did not meet my parents until I was 4-5 years old due to personal reasons. During those first 4-5 years of my life, I was raised in China by a whole bunch of different nannies. At last, I was sent to be raised by my own grandmother, who brought me back to America, where I was born.
7. I hate Twilight. I hate mushy crap. There’s a line between being sweet and mushy. Mushy crap just kills me a little inside … and out.
8. At first, I was scared to go away for college. Now, my heart is so set on going away. I want to explore new things, and get away from here. It’s not like I’ll never be back. It’ll only be a short while. I really want to go to Syracuse University now.
9. Unlike most girls, I don’t have a “dream” wedding planned out, or what I’m going to wear on my wedding day. I don’t even know what I’m going to wear tomorrow! I don’t want to think about weddings and stuff like that until I cross that bridge.
10. In the future, I want to travel to as many places as possible. In the end, home sweet home is right here in New York City.
11. My favorite dogs are huskies and yorkies; my favorite animals are wolves and tigers.
12. I never took art lessons in my life. Nobody in my family is an artist. All the women in my family sings, and my dad is a really good dancer. So .. for all those people who knows I sing and dance, now you know where I get it from. As for all the artsiness? I have no idea. But I do have a cousin in China a few years older who does art. I heard he is in college studying art right now and is really good. I guess we are the two misfits in the family. He also gave me my first set of crayons when I was three, and that’s how all the mischief started …….
13. This summer, my dad went to China, Taiwan and Korea to visit family. When he returned, he told me how all my cousins have dyed hair - blonde, brown, orange, red (and one cousin with purple hair) - like me. I’m not special anymore. FML.
14. I used to listen to a lot of screamo, crunkgore, grindcore and heavy metal. Now, I only listen to one screamo band - and everything else is Chinese/Korean pop, R&B, rap and techno.
15. If five years ago, you told me I would be the person I am today, I would have laughed my ass off and seriously thought you were joking. Five years ago, I really believed that I would turn out to be a no-life, unwanted, pathetic loser who needed rehab. But really? I am happy and the best I’ve ever been. I have people who love me and people I love in return, and I am allowed to do the things I love. Things are juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine. :) ~